For the last decade or so there has been a substantial increase in the number of people who wear glasses and contact lenses. This can be due to two major reasons – increased usage of the computer at home and work and too much television watching. It is good news for all the eye specialists all over the world but bad news for everybody else. These days everybody wants to know the answer to the questions like – how to improve your eyesight and how to improve vision? In fact, nobody wants to know – how to reduce eyesight?
If we want to keep our eyes healthy we need to give proper exercise to our eyes which work just like the muscles in our body. The fact is that we take things for granted that our eyes will not remain in good condition and we will eventually opt for contact lens or glasses. However, the good news for you is that it should not be the case if you do a routine exercise of your eyes.
Here we will look at some of the best exercises for eyes which will improve eyesight
- BlinkingBlinking is often ignored which is yoga for eyes. It also helps your eyes for longer focus. The fact is that users of computer and people who watch television do not blink enough especially when they have their full concentration on something interesting. You should try blinking for the next 2-3 minutes in every 3 seconds. Once you have done this exercise just try to notice the feeling in your eyes. Whether you eyes are relaxed, strained and tired. On the other hand, try not to blink for two minutes. You will get the difference.
As a matter of fact whenever you blink your eyes are going into darkness although for a very little time due to which your eyes remain fresh and there is a reduction in eye strain. This is the best eye yoga for your eyes.
- PalmingPalming is another good exercise for your eyes. It is done to get rid of stress around the eye and is also a good way to relax your eyes while taking a short break from the computer screen.
While doing Palming, first of all, take few deep breaths. Now make yourself comfortable while leaning forward on a desk and then close your eyes. Eventually, place both of your hands over your eyes and take care that the cup of your palm should cover your eyes. In addition, while doing this great exercise your fingers should be placed on your forehead and the heel of your hand should rest on your cheek bone. You should also take care that you can blink easily and there is not too much pressure on your eyes.
- Figure of EightThis exercise is done to increase the flexibility of your eyes besides exercising their muscles. This is a very simple exercise and will help to tell you how to improve vision and also how to improve eye vision?
You just need to imagine a huge figure of eight in front of your eyes. The distance should be about 10 feet. Now you need to move the figure of eight on its side and eventually try to trace the figure of eight gradually. You can do this exercise for both ways.
- Near and Far FocusingThis is a very simple and great exercise. The best part of this exercise is that it can be done anywhere.
In order to do this exercise, you need to be in a comfortable position which should not take more than 2-3 minutes. Now, put your in front of your eyes and try to focus on it. Your thumb should be about 10 inches from your eyes. After this, you need to focus on an object which is about 10 -20 feet in front of you. After every few seconds try to focus on the two different objects one after the other.
This exercise will give strength to the muscles and is the perfect eye exercise to improve vision. This exercise is one of the best eye exercises for myopia or shortsightedness.
- ZoomingThis is a very easy exercise and you can do it within no time.
You should start doing this exercise by sitting in a comfortable position. After this stretch out your arm with your thumb at a different position. Now you need to focus on your thumb while your arm is still outstretched. Now get your thumb closer while focusing all the time until your thumb is pretty close and is about 3 inches from your nose. Move your thumb again while your arm is outstretched. You should do this exercise for a couple of minutes in a single day as this also answers your question – how to increase eye power. This is a great way to improve eyesight naturally.
- Rolling the EyeballsTry to look in the front and relax. See in the front and start moving your eyeballs in the anti-clockwise and clockwise direction. This exercise would help to strengthen the muscles as well as relax your eyes.
- Continuous Watching the Burnt CandleNow sit in a comfortable position and light a candle in front of your eyes. Start looking at the lighted candle with both eyes. Keep on looking at the candle until it gets difficult for you to see it anymore in the same position. This exercise will help to increase the vision of your eyes and is ideal for eyesight improvement.
- Up and Down ViewingSit in a comfortable position. Now stretch your arm with your thumb pointing in the upward direction. Gradually move your thumb in the upward direction. While moving your thumb upwards keep watching it and similarly when you bring your thumb in the downward direction do not move your eyes from the thumb. Repeat this step for a number of times. This will help to answer your question about – how to increase eye power.
Apart from the above, Vision can be improved by the below tips also
- Too much exposure to sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays boosts your chances of cataracts. By wearing right pair of eyeglasses will help to protect your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Wraparound lenses help protect your eyes from the side
- Polarized sunglasses reduce glare while you drive.
- If you use hazardous or airborne materials on the job or at home, wear safety glasses or protective goggles.
Source – Tips for better Eye care