Do you wear glasses? If you do, you would know the importance of cleaning it regularly because your eyes are delicate and if your glasses are not clean, it can prove to be harmful for your eyes. The eyeglasses are prone to get soiled by fingerprints, spots and dust. When you buy eyeglasses, the shopkeeper keeps it in a safe case with a cloth. It is not just any cloth because it is used specifically for cleaning the eyeglasses. You need this cloth to polish the eyeglasses in case they get soiled. However, there are many ways to clean the spectacles. You would want your glasses to be clean and clear always! It is time to say goodbye to hazy sight because we are going to tell you about the different ways to clean your eyeglasses.
The ways mentioned in our list are not time-consuming and you do not have to put much effort for the same. You do not need professional help as well! These methods are tested and so, you can be sure that you will get great results after using them to clean your eyewear. Read on to find out.
Clean the Eyeglasses with a Kitchen ingredient
Yes, you heard that right! You can clean your eyewear with a kitchen ingredient. Vinegar is the wonder ingredient that can help you to clean your spectacles without causing any harm to the frame. Rub some vinegar on the spectacles and clean it off with a clean cloth. Vinegar has acetic acid which will clean the dirt from your glasses. Try to avoid ammonia based cleaners which may cause discolouration. Vinegar is easily found in the kitchen and it is environment-friendly as well. Say no to chemicals because vinegar will clean your glasses efficiently without leaving any unpleasant smell.
Using the Affordable Technique
You can clean the eye glasses using dish soap as well. How is that possible? Just rinse the glasses under warm water and make sure it is clean. Rub a very small amount of dish soap on the lens. Once again, rinse your glasses under warm water and use a clean and soft cloth to dry it. This idea is effective and it will help you to save a lot of bucks. Make sure you are using non-citrus soap. Anything with orange or lemon can react with the frame and lens. Avoid citrus based dish soaps!
Dunk it and clean it
Life will be so easy if we could just dunk and clean. You can do it! All you need to do is fill a sink with warm water. Add some soap into it. Now comes the fun part! You would need to dunk your glasses into this soapy water and twirl it around. Once you are done with the twirling of spectacles, wash it under running water. Use a soft cloth to dry it up. This is one is easy and it takes hardly 5 minutes to follow the whole process.
Ultrasonic Eyeglasses Cleaning Machine
Have you ever heard of this machine? It does a great job. How does it work? All you need to do is add water to a container and then you would need to switch on the machine. The ultrasonic energy creates waves which creates lots of bubbles which help in cleaning the eyeglasses efficiently. The bubbles will rinse off the dirt from your glasses. You can use this gismo to clean your jewellery as well. The product is very effective and the technology is great. Sometimes we are amazed to see the gifts of technology.
The Most Common Cleaning Method
The most method of cleaning is to buy an eyeglass cleaner or spray. It is easily available in the market. Do buy a spray or cleaner of a trusted brand. You would need to rinse the eyeglasses and use the spray or cleaner with a cloth. Clean it gently to remove the particles on the lens. Rinse the eyeglass again and dry it with a soft cloth. Make sure you are using a lint-free cloth. Some people also use alcohol to clean their eyeglasses.
Tips for Cleaning your Eyeglasses Efficiently
- When you are removing your glasses from your eyes, you should make sure that you are using both your hands. This way, you will not bend the frame or cause any distorting of the frame. If you remove it with one hand, it may break the frame because new and stylish glasses have very thin connecting brackets.
- Use the right cloth to dry the spectacles. You do not want a cloth to damage the glasses. The whole idea is to clean the glasses and there are some clothes which leave fragments on the lens. Use lint-free cloth to avoid such instances.
- You should always use circular motion to wipe the lens. You need to wipe gently because there are chances that too much pressure can damage the glasses.
- ¾ of alcohol, two drops of non-citrus soap and water can be a great cleaner for your eyeglasses. You can use this method and see a notable difference.
- Never use hot water to rinse your eyeglasses because that can crack the lens. It is a no-brainer! You should never place it under running hot water. It should be lukewarm.
- Always carry the hard case to keep your glasses safely. If you do not need your glasses urgently, keep them in the hard case. You do not want to break your glasses by keeping them outside.
- The nose pads are prone to get dirty and so, you should use a toothbrush to clean it. A toothbrush will be gentle and you can use mild soap on it to clean the nose pads. However, make sure that you are gentle because you can damage the glasses with the toothbrush.